He attended Holman Elementary and High School in Stuttgart, graduating in 1965 as the class Salutatorian. He received a scholarship to Lincoln University, Jefferson City, Missouri where he received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration in 1969. Upon graduation, he was also commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army. In January 1970, he entered active duty and concluded his military career on February 1, 2000, after “30 years” of service, at the rank of Colonel. During his career, he held many key command and staff positions in the Continental United States, Korea, and Germany all culminating with many awards and decorations. Six months after retiring from the United States Army, he began a second career with L3 Communications/ILEX Systems, Inc./Navy & Aviation Systems Division (NASD) in Mays Landing, New Jersey, as a Program Manager and Director of Business Development. After nearly eight years with L-3 Communications, he left the corporate sector for his second retirement on February 1, 2008. He now is an Independent Professional Consultant specializing in the areas of Contract Support, Business Development, and Program Management.
During his childhood, he attended church regularly, accepted Christ and was baptized at an early age. In 1986, he and his family joined Grace Temple. He attended Sunday school and served as President of the Usher Board. In 1989 due to a military reassignment, he left Grace Temple.
In 1994, he returned to Grace Temple and continued in faithful service to the Lord. He joined the Trustee Board and served as the Vice Chairman for two years. In November 1998, he was Ordained as a Deacon by the former Pastor of Grace Temple. He also served as the Sunday School Superintendent from 1996-200, re-establishing Grace Temple’s participation with the Camden County Church School and BTU, Bethany Association, and the New Jersey State Baptist Workers Conference. He served as the Camden County Church School and BTU Scholarship Chairman and as the 1st Vice Superintendent. In January 2003, he was elected as the Camden County Church School & BTU Superintendent for a four-year term. In April 2003, in response to his call to ministry, he was licensed by Pastor Reggie Johnson, Grace Temple Baptist Church, and
On Easter Sunday in 2002, he responded to the leading of the Holy Spirit and accepted his call to the ministry. In April 2003, Pastor Reggie Johnson licensed him as minister to preach the gospel, and in 2006, he was ordained as the Assistant Pastor of Grace Temple.
He describes his bride of 50 years, Arnetta L. Hobbs, as his wonderful helpmate and the wind beneath his wings. They have two adult children and two grandchildren. Their son, Byron Anthony and his family, resides in Chicago, Illinois, with his children India Brielle and Byron A. Jr. Their daughter, Tamara Elizabeth lives in Collingswood, NJ.
On September 18, 2013, Reverend Quincy C Hobbs, Jr was selected as Zion Hill’s pastor and. on November 24, 2013, Reverend Hobbs was installed as the seventh pastor of Zion Hill Baptist Church since the transition of the founding, Rev. Dr. A. J. Spence in 1971. Since his arrival, Zion Hill has seen the revitalization of several ministries and the establishment of others [the Youth Praise Dance Ministry, the Children Youth & Teens Church (CYT Ministry, The S.W.A.G. (Spiritual Women Abiding In God) Women’s Ministry led by First Lady, Arnetta Hobbs, the Men’s Ministry (ZHMLFC--Zion Hill Men Living For Christ) and the Follow-up Ministry]. There are other on-going initiatives such as the revival of the Tuesdays Noon Day and Evening Prayer and Bible Study, monthly Beautification Day, Right Now Media Ministry and the ordination of seven deacons (six women, a first for Zion Hill) that are enhancing the church’s worship experiences and the congregation’s spiritual growth. Sent the first ever contestant representing the Pennsylvania Baptist State Convention Congress of Christian Education to the National Baptist Convention Congress of Christian Education in 2019.
• 2004 graduated from Manna Bible Institute with a Certificate in Biblical Studies
• Received Certificate from E.K. Bailey International Preaching Conference, July 2010 for expository preaching
• Certified Biblical Counselor, Christian Research & Development Training Institute Graduate September 2009
• Pastoral Crisis Intervention, University of Maryland, Baltimore Campus, April 2009
• Inducted into Lincoln University, Military Hall of Fame, Jefferson City, MO, 1996
• Received the 2009/2010 E. Neil/Erlene Jones Director of the Year Award, New Jersey National Baptist Convention, February 2010
• Awarded Camden County Freedom Medal, Camden County Board of Freeholders and Row Officers, January 2006
• One of the original Trustees, Lawnside Education Foundation (LEF)
• Member Grace Temple Baptist Church, Community Development Corporation (CDC) and first Program Coordination for the 4C After-School Program
• Board of Directors, New Jersey Regional Coalition (NJRC)
• Founder Rheinberg, Military Lodge 144, Rheinberg, Germany 1982
• First Black Commander, Defense Contracting Management Area Office, Grand Rapids, MI.,1989-1992
• First Black Commander, United States Army Contracting Command, Europe, 1992-1994
• Master’s Degree Contract and Acquisition Management, Florida Institute of Technology, 1979
• Graduate Manna Bible Institute, Atco, NJ May 2004
• Member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., 1967
• Level III Certification as a Contract Manager and Program Manager
• Graduate Army Command & General Staff College
• Graduate Armed Forces Staff College
• Graduate Army War College
• Awarded Legion of Merit Medal, 1999
• Pursuing Master’s in Divinity from Grace Theological Seminary